...with the first post of the semester!
Week 1's class for me felt unimaginably long, but I have solved the problem in
week 2 - a snack to get me through it!
In week 2 we were introduced to Abstract
Data Types (ADTs) and recursion. I
really like the concept of ADTs, it's a way to define a class and what that
class can do without explicitly writing code for it. This way, the class and
its methods can be implemented in many different programming languages. On a
smaller, more personal scale, I see it as a way of planning out my moves when
creating a class for an assignment.
Recursion is where you call on a function within
the body of the function itself. It's a really
clever way to deal with certain problems and the example on removing nodes that
have less than n edges from a graph really helped me to understand where
you would use recursion. I suppose part of that is because I was able to
visualize the problem more clearly since I've had some exposure to graph
theory.
The first exercise was pretty simple, just review of material covered in
CSC108. The hardest part was retraining my brain to match the PEP8 style
guidelines but I suppose over time I'll get used to it.
Until next time, ¡adiós! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment